Porcelain Veneers Perfecting Indianapolis Smiles
Don’t let flawed front teeth ruin your image. Drs. Farthing and Tepner apply porcelain veneers to create beautiful smiles that look and feel fantastic.
What Are Porcelain Veneers?
Porcelain veneers are a custom dental solution handcrafted specifically for your smile. We permanently bond veneers to teeth to alter shape, size, and color. They can be used to fix a number of flaws that you may feel insecure about, including:
- Stains on your teeth that won’t lift no matter how many whitening treatments you try.
- Teeth that layer over each other or are spread too far apart.
- Teeth that are unusually shaped, standing out from the rest of your smile.
- Teeth that are shorter than your surrounding teeth.
- Fill the spaces between teeth.
- Covering dental damage like chips or cracks on teeth.
- Teeth that are sensitive to hot and cold temperatures can also benefit.
How Do You Get Porcelain Veneers?
The first step you must take to get porcelain veneers is to call and schedule an appointment to meet with either Dr. Farthing or Dr. Tepner. This is a crucial step because you will be able to discuss your expectations for the procedure, realistic achievements that can be met, and allow our dentists to view the current state of your teeth.
If veneers are the best cosmetic treatment for you, your dentist will move forward with the impression and preparation process. To prepare your smile, a small amount of enamel is removed from each tooth receiving a veneer. We take dental impressions, and you’ll be fitted with temporaries.
A skilled ceramist at a trusted US-based dental lab creates veneers from high-quality, stain-resistant dental porcelain that reflects light like natural tooth enamel. When your permanent veneers are completed, the dentist bonds them in place. In most cases, two or three visits are required to design and place porcelain veneers.
How Do You Make Your Porcelain Veneers Last?
The veneers that we make in our office are built to last from high-quality dental porcelain that’s durable through years of wear and tear. The success of your veneers depends on how well you maintain them. After all, they are still considered to be cosmetic dental work that needs the help of your excellent dental care hygiene at home and professional assistance from our office. To help your veneers last for 10 years or more, follow these simple steps:
- Avoid biting into hard objects. Never use your teeth to open packages, crack open nuts, or as scissors. Although dental porcelain is durable, it’s created to last with the normal pressures of typical chewing and speaking.
- Watch the foods you eat. Porcelain veneers can give you a bright, white smile and they are stain-resistant against dark drinks and foods. But that doesn’t mean that you shouldn’t be mindful of what you put in your mouth. As the years go by, your surrounding teeth could change colors and not match your veneers any longer.
- Take proper care of your teeth at home. Even though you have veneers, you still need to diligently brush and floss your teeth at home. After all, your natural teeth lie beneath your veneers. They need to be stable and healthy to provide the foundation your veneers need.
- Visit our office for professional dental care. As mentioned above, just because you have newer looking teeth, your natural teeth still reside below your veneers. Your dentist will care for your veneers, natural teeth, and gums during your scheduled dental visits.
Call Indianapolis Family Dentistry today to schedule a veneers consultation with Dr. Farthing or Dr. Tepner. Our conveniently located dental office provides personalized service and one-on-one care to residents of Beech Grove and beyond.