Dental Crowns – Indianapolis, IN
Flawlessly Repair Damaged Teeth
If you’re dealing with discomfort or even embarrassment as a result of damaged teeth, then you deserve to have a fully functional smile again. Dr. Farthing and Dr. Tepner at Indianapolis Family Dentistry can make your teeth look and feel their best once more with high-quality, customized dental crowns. If you’re ready to revitalize your smile, then contact us to learn more about how dental crowns in Indianapolis could benefit you!
What Is a Dental Crown?
A dental crown is a tooth-shaped restoration that is designed to fit snugly and comfortably over a tooth, effectively “capping” it off and protecting it from further harm. In addition to shielding a structurally compromised tooth, dental crowns can serve many purposes, including:
- Repairing a significantly decayed tooth that cannot be successfully treated with just a filling.
- Holding a cracked or fractured tooth together.
- Protecting a weakened tooth after a root canal procedure.
- Restoring a single dental implant.
- Supporting a dental bridge.
- Covering a tooth that has cosmetic concerns.
Dental crowns can be crafted from several different kinds of materials, but our team will always use tooth-colored porcelain when possible so that patients can maintain a smile that looks healthy and natural.
The Dental Crown Process
In most cases, your dentist in Indianapolis can complete the dental crown process in only two appointments. During the first one, we’ll carefully prepare your tooth and take detailed impressions in order to ensure your new restoration is as precise and personalized as possible. A temporary crown will also be placed so that your tooth is protected while the dental lab begins crafting your actual crown. Once we receive the finished product, we’ll invite you back to our dental office so that we can securely place your new, permanent crown and confirm that you’re happy with the final result.
The Benefits of Getting a Dental Crown
Dental crowns can provide you with a number of benefits, such as:
- Flawless appearance – Each dental crown is 100% personalized to complement your facial features and seamlessly blend in with the rest of your smile.
- Greater comfort – By protecting your tooth, you’ll be able to chew your favorite foods without discomfort or pain.
- Preservation of your tooth – A crown prevents a tooth from sustaining further damage. In some cases, the tooth may even be spared from needing an extraction.
- Simple maintenance – Your crown can last for a decade or even longer with very little oral care beyond regular brushing, flossing, and dental checkups.
- Insurance coverage – Crowns are often covered at up to 50% by dental insurance providers after you’ve met your deductible but before you’ve exceeded your annual maximum.