Indianapolis,IN Dental Implants
Restoring Indianapolis Smiles with Dental Implants
If you want an attractive, durable, and permanent solution to replace missing teeth, then you’ll want to learn more about dental implants. Drs. Farthing and Tepner use this modern restorative solution to complete smiles, increase confidence, and improve a patient’s quality of life.
A dental implant consists of a manmade tooth root topped with a custom crown or other dental attachment. Dental implants mimic the natural structure of our teeth in color, durability, shape, and texture.
Drs. Farthing and Tepner may recommend dental implants to you if it’s determined that your jawbone is strong enough to support one or more implants. We may refer you to a trusted oral surgeon for the first phase of treatment if your situation requires it.
In the first phase of care, one or more implant posts are surgically placed in the jaw, one for each missing tooth or a few to attach a partial or full denture. Then, following surgery, we’ll give your mouth time to heal. As this happens, a process known as osseointegration will begin.
During the osseointegration phase, your implant naturally bonds with the jawbone, creating a strong bond that mimics the bond between the jaw and a natural tooth root.
Once the osseointegration process is complete, you’ll begin the restorative phase of your treatment. In the restoration phase, Dr. Farthing or Dr. Tepner attach a custom-made crown or prosthetic atop the implant(s), completing your smile and your treatment.
Numerous Benefits of Dental Implants
Dental implants in Indianapolis provide patients with a number of benefits. Some of the most significant are listed below.
- Improved oral health. Without the stimulation from a prosthetic root, the jawbone will gradually degenerate over time. But dental implants stimulate and stabilize the jawbone, allowing your mouth to stay healthy and whole.
- Eat what you like with confidence. There is no need to worry about your teeth breaking or falling out during a meal. Even fresh apples and corn on the cob are possible with dental implants!
- The most natural-looking solution. Dental implants look just like your natural teeth, greatly improving the aesthetics of your smile.
- Speak clearly. Whistles and lisps can develop when you least expect it without a properly-fitting tooth replacement. Dental implants make clear speech easy.
- Freedom from denture adhesives. There is no need for messy, bothersome denture creams. Teeth replaced by dental implants fit just the way they should for years to come.
- The longest-lasting solution. When cared for properly, dental implants can be expected to stay strong and healthy for a lifetime.
- The best financial decision you can make. Other options in tooth replacement must be replaced numerous times -- but dental implants fit properly forever. While the initial cost may be greater with dental implants, you come out ahead in the long run.
Want to make the best decision for your smile, your wallet, and your oral health? It’s simple -- nothing replaces one or more missing teeth as effectively as dental implants.
Call Indianapolis Family Dentistry today to schedule your dental implant consultation with Dr. Farthing or Dr. Tepner. Our conveniently located dental office provides personalized service and one-on-one care to residents of Cumberland and beyond.